Healthy aging for women involves good habits like eating healthy, managing health conditions, being active, etc. Here are some tips from Affinity Physicians for Women to help you age fabulously:
- Eat a Healthy Diet. Good nutrition and food safety are especially important for older adults. Serving sizes, amounts of sodium, and eating for a healthy heart are all things to consider.
- Avoid Common Medication Mistakes. Medicines can treat healthy problems and help you live a long healthy life, but when used incorrectly, they can also cause serious health problems. Be sure you are following dosage directions to the letter, and talk to your doctor about which medications and supplements you are taking because some don’t mix!
- Manage Health Conditions. It’s important that you work with your healthcare provider to manage health conditions like diabetes, osteoporosis and high blood pressure. Managing these and other health issues can help you live a long, healthy life – some take daily attention, so be sure you’re taking care of yourself to the best of your ability.
- Get Screened. Health screenings are an important way to help recognize health problems – sometimes even before you experience symptoms. Ask your health care provider which health screenings make sense for you.
- Be Active. Exercise and physical activity can help you stay fit and strong. You don’t have to go to a gym to exercise – speak with your healthcare provider about safe ways that you can be active.
Affinity Physicians for Women wants our patients to make the most of our their golden years – following these tips will help your quality of life and keep you happy and healthy for years to come.
Have more questions about our practice or about menopause? Click here. Are you pregnant and would like to contact our office for more information or to make an appointment? Click here. We would love to hear from you – Affinity Physicians for Women is all about our patients and do all we can to make their lives more enjoyable on every level.